December 22, 2010

Job Application: Way Too Honest Edition

So I just filled out a job application. They had three little tasks to complete as part of the process. This is what happens when I decide "let me just go ahead and be myself."


Ok, the first task: write a haiku. Well, Steve Jobs certainly knows I'm a poet. For this one, I challenged myself to tell the story of Batman, from a disturbing angle. I mean, if that doesn't scream "Rolando!" I don't know what does.


Next up: they asked us to play the refrigerator word magnet game. They said to play it like we do at home. I took that literally. I've never written anything with fridge magnets that isn't filthy. I... I just can't help myself.


The last challenge was to draw something. Remember when I said if the Batman haiku doesn't scream "Rolando!" I don't know what does? I lied. This does:



Because Back to the Future fucking rules. I've even written about it in the past, with diagrams and everything.

I know for a fact that I'd hire me. Seriously, that DeLorean picture? Awesome. I think I'll make it my new desktop.

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you drew that DeLorean FREE HANDED with what... a mouse?!

    Also, wtf kind of job asks you to write haikus??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trackpad. I drew it free handed with a trackpad. Not to pat myself on the back, or anything. Just saying. Trackpad.

    ReplyDelete