December 16, 2010

Guest Strip Makin'

I was going to title this post "Guest Strippin'" but then I realized everyone would get the wrong impression. Anyway.

If you've been following me lately, you can probably tell I've begun drawing more and more. So much, in fact, that I've taken on two guest strip projects. I wanted to share a little preview of my process.

The first was "commissioned" by my buddy, Matt Shafeek, for a post he'll be doing on his blog. His blog which, by the way, is hilarious and thoughtful so you should read it: www.mattshafeek.com. I really enjoyed the challenge he gave me. "Cracking" the story was tough but in the end I think I came up with something effective. The post will be up on Saturday, in the meantime, here's a sneak peak of my comic:


The second strip I offered to do for a fantastic webcomic, Mojo. First of all, read it at www.mojocomic.com and follow the creator on Twitter @skar. This was a lot of fun from a writing perspective. I loved the challenge of writing in the characters' voices and keeping the tone of the series. Also, drawing it was a blast. Seriously, I spent like two hours just sketching Mojo in different poses the other night for fun more than practice. This won't post until late February, so I'll just give you a tiny tease of what I came up with:

I want to do more of this kind of work in the future. Especially the writing aspects of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment