November 16, 2010

30Characters, a look back at the first half.

I am taking part in a challenge this month called 30Characters. The name pretty much sums it up: 30 characters, one for each day of November.

My biggest impulse behind taking the plunge was to meet new people and share my work. I've been doing a good job of staying motivated this year but I've mostly been working in a vacuum. This seemed like the perfect way to start coming out of that shell. So far, I'd say it's been a success. I have really enjoyed talking to new people who share similar creative passions. And I have really appreciated the feedback on my own work.

Regarding the actual completion of the challenge, it's been, well, challenging. I have strived at cohesion by telling a story within each set. Relatively speaking the CAPTAIN KERPLUNK entries were easier since I already had pages upon pages of notes for this screenplay (which I'm aiming to write by early 2011). This new set I'm working through, MASKED, is tougher. Even though the concept has existed in my head for years, it's all still very nebulous. When I struck upon the idea to do it as actual handwritten notes, I really got inspired. Exploring the different things I could do with this format has been fun.

What does the future hold? Surprises! In the meantime, see below for a list of my characters thus far... and a sneak preview! 

CAPTAIN KERPLUNK

  1. Lilly Lopez
  2. Tim Grant
  3. Robert Quibral
  4. Steve Griffith
  5. Christopher & Kristine Paley aka The Khrises
  6. Mayor Randolph Nichol
  7. Ephton Valley
  8. Blake Lewis
  9. Captain Kerplunk

One-off

  1. Rush, The Boxer

MASKED

  1. A.K.A.
  2. Cubo Janes
  3. Cassandra Drake
  4. Andy Kross
  5. Parker Reynolds

Sneak Peek! THE OMEGA KID
Here are some rough sketches/doodles I've done for myself. THE OMEGA KID is an all-ages adventure series. So far I have two scripts done which I will upload here soon.

Don't forget to visit 30characters.com and support all the other wonderful artists and writers working on this project.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment