January 3, 2011

Back to the Future Revisited Again & So On

Happy New Year! Let's start it off right: with some recycled content about a series of movies the last of which came out over 20 years.

We all know how much I absolutely love Back to the Future. The day after Christmas, I treated myself to a marathon. Because there is nothing better to cure the hangover of family interactions than the coolest movies of all time.

Oh, but I didn't just watch them. I live tweeted my thoughts, most of which ended up being wonderfully sarcastic and some of which, I think, actually ended up being quite insightful. I present these tweets to you now:

Let the Back to the Future marathon begin!
Why does Doc have a 50's jukebox in his 1985 apartment?
Marty kisses his girl then hitches a ride on the back of a cop car. He's always more of a punk than I remember him.
In the 80's ghosts research was turned into a business and time travel was achieved in a mall parking lot. #BTTF123 #Ghostbusters
We seriously need a Back to the Future remake to have Obama in the Goldie Wilson scene. "A black president, that'll be the day!"
Maybe you were adopted? "What did your mother ever see in that kid?!" Doc's a playboy. Just saying.
The skateboard scene NEVER gets old. Especially the finale.
Biff isn't just a bully, he's a psychopath. He tries to KILL Marty and later RAPE Lorraine. 
Theory: I think even before reading the letter, Doc had figured out what happened between Marty's attitude and the video.
"We're gonna take a little break [to get ripshit stoned] but don't nobody go nowhere."
Don't worry, as long as you hit the wire at 88mph the instance lightening strikes with no margin for error everything'll be fine 
#ILoveDocBrownSoMuch #BTTF123
1985 Hill Valley really is a rundown shithole.
Hey, Dave & Linda: if you have better jobs in this new 1985 why don't you MOVE OUT?
Best part about the way Back to the Future ends is that it doesn't.
The moral of the story is punch dudes, kiss girls, drive fast and play rock-n-roll. 
Before I move on let's get this out of the way: Elisabeth Shue is fine (love Adventures in Babysitting) but she's no Claudia Wells #BTTF123
She saw the time machine. Things that happen when you arrive in broad daylight, Doc. #NotThinking4thDimensionally
I'm more disappointed that we haven't abolished all lawyers, instead of no hoverboards.
Griff's gang is very progressive; it's ethnically and gender diverse.
I've seen this at least 100 times & just realized Isaac "H" Newton = Jesus "H" Christ - I thought that was his middle initial 
Love all the details you can notice in HD. For instance: Marty's 2015 boss is 42 years old. Younger than sad, old Marty :(
Eat gullwing door, Biff. I gotta say, Evil 1985 Biff is amazing. He's a pure, unrestrained dickhead.
Fun fact: the UCLA sports announcer on the radio is the guy who does He-Man's voice.
If I were Biff, I'd certainly keep stories of being schooled by a short kid and flying cars to myself. 
Man, seriously, Back to the Future Part II is just an insane movie. I love it.
Part II is not so much a movie as it is lots of cool shit happening one after the other.
Doc is so happy blowing up the entrance to that mine. Finally, an explosion in these movies!
The pink hoverboard matches the pink cowboy shirt. Always stlyin' McFly.
Marty takes the hanging pretty well. I guess he's used to attempted murder by the Tannens at this point.
Of course the Doc can dance, Marty. Don't you remember the jukebox in his lab?
Do we all agree that when Doc spends the night at Clara's he gets laid? What a playboy.
Evil 1985 Biff, true poetic justice is your movie choice proving to be your ancestor's undoing. 
Train sequence isn't quite up there with the clocktower but it's so, so good.
Marty's totally just assuming Biff is gonna try to kill him when he sees him in the garage with the 4x4.
No question. The Back to the Future trilogy is the most epic bromance of all time.
Biggest takeways from yesterday's BTTF marathon: 1) The Tannens try to murder Marty a lot
Biggest takeways from yesterday's BTTF marathon: 2) The main thread of the series is - I'm being genuine here - an epic bromance
Ok, still reading? Interesting post-script to this story: The real Claudia Wells RT'ed me and thanked me! OMG! No, seriously, that's the coolest thing ever. Check it out:


See you in the future, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment